Friday, July 16, 2010

Home Improvements - Light Switch Covers

As I've said before (if I haven't said it on this blog, I do say it IRL) outlet and light switch covers can make all the difference in a house. The ones that came with the house were this ugly off white cheapo ones (like this although I think ours were more yellow) After we painted the hallways we couldn't just put up those plastic, off-white craptastic ones... so for a few bucks we bought these pretty ones. I tried to match the ones we have in the living room:
But it's amazing how you can look at something every single day and not be able to recall it. I know researchers have done studies on this... it's pretty amazing... anywho... when you're standing in front of a bunch of different outlet covers you're not going to remember exactly what the ones in your living room look like... or at least I couldn't... So I got these for the hallways:
I'll admit... this comparison picture isn't very good b/c these look very similar... they don't look quite that much alike in real life. The difference I can point out is the living room have pointed edges and the hallway have rounded edges. Either way they both look great on the wall (and the hallway matches the new doorbell score!!)

Random thing that somewhat relates to this. That above picture of the double light switch... I've got to give some major props to the hubby. We use to have one of those annoying light timer switches for the porch. Yes, I'm sure there are plenty of people who live by those things, we just did not like it. So we bought a new actual light switch (we actually got 2) and Chad made the switch over... we got the 2 b/c all the switches in the house are that gross off-white color... and we wanted both of these switches to match in the clean white switches. But at <$1 a pop not a huge deal. So with this minor switch switch and the doorbell I know that Chad can play electrician at times... yay!!

No comments: