Tuesday, July 13, 2010

New Orleans - Day 3

Our Final Day!!

The walking and the heat and the humidity really got to us on Saturday.

We walked around trying to find a good place to eat. We ended up at Oceana right off Bourbon St. where we each had Mimosas for breakfast. Crazy enough the ONLY alcohol we drank all trip.
We checked out the Pharmacology Museum.

We saw lots of street performers.
The above picture is from around Jackson Square. There were SO many artists with their art out. There were some awesome pieces and if I had the money there's a a bunch I would have gotten.

Next we took a Steamboat ride... it was relaxing... but hot at times.
After the boat ride we ended up back at the hotel to take a little nap and then we met up with some of my mom's friend that are from New Orleans. It was very nice hanging out with them. We got to hear them talk a lot of about Hurricane Katrina... it made it feel more real I guess. Sadly this is the best picture I've got
They took us to their local spot for Po-Boys with this awesome crusty french bread. It was a very nice way to end our New Orleans trip. They tried to convince us to come back for Mardi Gras and I will say it's a very tempting proposition so we will see.

I had a great time spending time with my mom... it was fun to bond and see a brand new place. I really hope to visit NOLA again!! Thanks mom for an awesome trip!!

No comments: