Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Random Tuesday

I haven't posted for awhile... I'm awful... just not a lot out of the ordinary has been happening... but here's an update on some of the stranger things...

  • Last Friday I did something pretty stupid... I was scooting my desk chair in and I guess I kinda slipped or something b/c next thing I know I hit my head on my desk... the very tip top of my head... it was a pretty hard hit too... I kept working... I went to lunch with my mom and that's where I first started to notice that I wasn't feeling normal... I wasn't able to concentrate on what she was saying very well... and when I got back to my desk after work I REALLY started to feel it... All I really knew was I wasn't feeling normal. After the urging from Chad I decided to go home and rest... I really think that I gave myself a concussion... Who does that?!? Gives them self a concussion?? blah... I'm fine now but didn't really expect that to happen.
  • A couple of weeks ago I went to San Diego for my first larger conference. There was about 350 participants. Everything went smoothly which is great and I'm proud that I was able to do my part to make this conference awesome.
  • The only weird thing about this was the weather in San Diego. "Storm Watch 2010" "Storm of the Century" It rained the entire time I was there... couldn't freaking believe it. What's normal in San Diego is temperatures between 60-80 degrees... but not while we're there. When talking to locals they informed something along these lines... having lived here my entire life I've never seen the weather do this... it's never rained for three days straight. Coming from the Midwest this storm was nothing to write home about... rain, wind, some hail in places... nothing exciting... but the way the news reported it you'd thing a monsoon was hitting Southern California... There was flooding (the golf course next to the hotel was covered in water) and there were mudslides in places... but like I said... nothing too out of the ordinary from what I've seen. Not to mention people in their winter coats with weather in the 50s... I think those people might die back in St. Louis.
  • We're having a Super Bowl party on Sunday... I'm excited... what's even better is I'm off on Monday... I'll be cheering for the Colts... hopefully it's a good game.
  • My summer is looking pretty busy at work... and we're suppose to do 2 family vacations... I'm just not sure how that's all going to work... I would LOVE to go on the family vacations and I really hope it all works out... but I'm just not sure...
  • I'm ready for baseball season...
  • We're having a dessert contest at work... I want to make something, but I just don't know exactly what to make... I need to figure this out ASAP.
  • We have to do these silly training sessions... and today's is going to be awful... it's partially my fault b/c I feel like I am not utilizing Outlook and Outlook Calendar to my fullest capabilities... so they found someone to give this training and I feel like it's going to be worthless... maybe I'll be wrong, but I'm willing to bet I'm not... blag

I'll post again soon...

No comments: