Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekend in Review

I've been lucky to have a random four day weekend. What I wouldn't give for more of these kind of weekends!!

Friday was a day filled of doctor's appointments... for Chad. (oh how I love when it's not me!!) He met with a new primary care doc who practices in the same office as my doctor. I was hoping that his doctor would make him get a blood test and a tetanus shot... but he didn't Chad is perfectly healthy... but now he has a place to call if (and let's face it when) he gets sick. After that (we were in and out in 30ish minutes) we had breakfast at South City Diner. Their french toast is to die for!!

On a side note: My mom loves this place... it use to be her friend from high school family's bakery.

Then we headed over to Barnes for Chad to get an MRI and have a follow up appointment with his neurosurgeon. We didn't actually meet with the neurosurgeon (he was in the OR capping an aneurysm) however he was able to look at Chad's MRI and everything looked great. No swelling or anything... so he'll have to come back for another MRI in 6 months or a year... yay for good news!!

On Saturday we had lunch at Applebee's... Chad's very generous grandparents gave us a gift card for Valentine's Day. It was a gorgeous day. We decided to go bowling just the two of us. It was a heck of a lot of fun. We bowled 3 games together (I kept getting worse and worse) and then Chad bowled one by himself. My arm is all sore now two days later... although I would love to go bowling more often, or join a couples bowling league or something, that would be fun. We finished off the evening by driving around with the windows down...

Sunday we had lunch with Chad's grandparents at 54 Street Bar and Grill. I've been wanting to try this place for awhile, so it was great to finally be able to go. The menu is huuge!! I was in a cheeseburger kind of mood so I got a bacon cheeseburger and fries with a cup of their baked potato soup. It was pretty good. I want to go back and try new things... and they seem to have great happy hour specials as well... so we'll have to hit that up soon.

After lunch we decided to drive around a bit. It wasn't as pretty of a day as Saturday but Chad and I enjoy driving around sometimes. That's when it happened... Chad's truck would no longer accelerate... so he pulled over to the side of the road and turned off the car. And then he couldn't get it started again... we ended up having to call AAA to get it towed... luckily it seems like Chad's truck is still under warranty. We got it towed to the dealership and my awesome mom brought us back home. (update... it was Chad's fuel pump which is covered under warranty and will only cost us $100... thank the lord)

Today was my AWS day... so I mostly did laundry and started to clean up the guest bedroom... I went through the clothes in that closet and sorted out the clothes that don't fit me anymore.

Overall a pretty great weekend.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. LOVE 54 Street. The happy hour specials are indeed pretty awesome. =-)