Wednesday, March 18, 2009

We Are Family

I know... I know... I'm way late with this post, but it's something I've been meaning to write about since this past weekend. Last weekend was a family weekend... and it was SO MUCH FUN.

On Saturday we went over to my aunt Ruth's house to celebrate my mom's birthday yet again. It was a really nice day. We decided to bring the dogs with us too. It was pretty funny... my aunt has 3 dogs living with her, and we brought two more, and then Ashley (my cousin) brought her dog as well. So there was 6 dogs in their backyard (which is big BTW) and they were ALL BLACK... craziness.

Anyway on Saturday we had breakfast food (delicious) and played a couple of board games. We played a trivia game about food and then we also played Apples to Apples which is a very fun game. All in all it was a very fun day. I really love spending time with my family... they are great and a lot of fun. I'm hoping to have everyone over to our house some night for another game night. I was telling Chad that I could spend a lot more time with my family and be very happy.

On Sunday, we had another family affair to attend... Chad's family has a traditional St. Patrick's Day dinner each year. So we went over to his grandparents house and had corn beef and cabbage... except I don't like cabbage so it was corn beef, potatoes, and carrots for me. Chad's grandma makes very delicious food... mmmm.... I enjoy seeing his side of the family. It's always fun to catch up and talk... although I think I do more listening, but really I like to listen too... I really enjoy learning more about his family. We took Rowdy with us... he's such a good dog... I'm a proud mama. We did miss Chad's parents though...

It was a really great weekend... lots of family time, but that's one of my favorite things to do. I just wanted to tell everyone out there in blog land of the extremely enjoyable family weekend we had.

No comments: