Saturday, March 14, 2009

Old Friends

Last night I hung out with some of my high school friends. This reminds me of a Gilmore Girls episode when Jess comes back and Rory's boyfriend Logan show up and she introduces Jess as her 'old friend' and then says something to the fact that she can't believe she's old enough to have an 'old friend' or something like this...

It's times like these when I hang out with these friends that makes me think of that and just how old we are all getting. I mean at one point in time we were talking about how close our 10 year high school reunion would be... 3 years away... wow... where did all that time go?

Either way when sitting around the table with 4 other people I've known for a very long time it's just interesting to see how different we have all become. True 3 of the 5 are married and one will be joining that stat in just a few short weeks... but just completely different how we spend our time and where we have all ended up.

I enjoy these get togethers... we always have a good time catching up and talking. I'm not really sure where I'm going with this post at all... but I enjoyed the evening.

I also got to see one of my friend's son. He is freaking adorable (as I understand most babies are but still...) I'm glad I was able to see him and feel a little bad that I hadn't made the time before now.

Either was it was a very nice night... now on to the rest of the weekend... when should I wake Chad up? I'm not sure... but I want to get into the shower and I know that will wake him up, so I don't want to be rude.

**I may have another 'old friends' post in awhile... or at least a story, but that's for another time enjoy you're Saturday everyone!!**

No comments: