Sunday, April 17, 2011

Yay for me!!

As you may remember, I have gone back to school. The first term I decided to stick with just one class. I was really nervous about what it would be like to be back at school. I graduated from Truman back in 2006 - so it's been about four and half years since I was in school, and undergrad wasn't the easiest for me...

Well, I'm happy to report that my first class/term has gone great. Not only did I do well on the assignments I didn't mind doing the work most times. It is very different from undergrad. I don't think I selected the right program back then. But that's not the only thing... I didn't really have any real life experience to relate school to. I really debate whether going directly to college after high school is the right decision. For my entire life college is what you do after high school... and I followed that trend. I don't think I really knew what I wanted to do with my life.

Anyway... now class makes sense to me... I am able to pull real life examples from my work. It's truly awesome. I was nervous at first since most of the other students in my class already had a degree in education... and most of them were teachers. But I was able to add to the discussion and relate their ideas to adult education.

Well, my grade came in today and I'm happy to report that I got an A!! I am so excited and thrilled with myself. I'm hoping to keep this trend up. I have a perfect 4.0 GPA right now. It's super exciting. I'm hoping to keep this trend through this entire masters program. That will certainly help my chances of getting what I'll now refer to as the 'dream job'.

My next term starts on Wednesday and I will try my hand at two classes. I will work hard at these two classes (educational psychology and instructional design). But if it is too much work to handle I will let myself drop back down to one class a term... but we'll see how it goes! It will be double the work, however I'm hoping I will be able to handle it. The only thing I see being a problem is now that it's summer time it seems like life gets busier b/c more people what to do things. It will just mean I will have to stay organized and remember what my priorities are.

But I got an A!! So happy about that!!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Yay! Congrats! I told you that you could do it!

I agree with you- when I went back for my Masters degree, I found the classwork "easier" than my bachelors because I could relate it to my job, and I had an end goal in sight (a big pay raise).

And I totally think that you can get a 4.0- I did, so, you can too. :)

dsdddwddgdd said...

so happy! good work my dear daughter; keep it up and enjoy the process..........