Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My special bracelet

I typically wear the same jewelry every day... I have my engagement/wedding ring, either my pink sapphire ring or my purple stone right, a necklace (either my kangaroo or blue topaz) and my bracelet. This is the story of the bracelet.

When I first went away to college my grandma bought me some gifts. One of the things she bought me was this bracelet.

It says, Life is a Journey, not a destination... on the inside it says enjoy the moments. I absolutely love this bracelet. I wear it everyday all the time. Sadly, maybe about 3 years after I got it, I broke it. It snapped in half. I guess it has something to do with wearing it all the time. It got caught on my blanket or sheet while I was sleep and yank... it was in half before I could do anything about it. I was soo soo sad.

I guess I made this pretty clear to everyone because for my next birthday (22nd I believe) my grandma got me the exact same bracelet. I was so happy and treated my second bracelet better than the first. I'm much more careful and don't expand/tighten it as I use to do. I've kept much better care of it b/c I still have it today and it's in great condition.

Like I said, I wear it all the time... I even wore it on the most special day of my life thus far... my wedding day.
This bracelet will hopefully be around for a long long time... it really holds a special place in my heart, because not only did my grandma give it to me, it says such an important phrase. I love how skinny it is how well it fits my wrist. It really means a lot to me.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I don't remember that bracelet!

dsdddwddgdd said...

i love that you're so sentimental