Thursday, April 14, 2011

Eek!

I could squeel I'm so excited and happy... why you might ask?


Well, remember in my last post where I told you one of my oldest friends just got engaged? Here is a couple of pictures me and Liz on my wedding day. Ignore the fact we are holding our bouquets up so high in the one picture... someone didn't tell me that I would look so silly in all my pictures b/c of that...

I like said before, Liz and I have been friends since kindergarten, our friendship has had it's ups and downs, but in the end we are friends... she is ne of my closest friends. She's a great person. We are very different in a lot of ways (always have been) but we are very similar in a lot of ways too. She's been nothing but supportive of me... and we always have such a great time when we're together. I'm hoping now that she's graduating next month we'll be able to spend a lot more time together.


I am so excited that she's getting married. I'm not sure I've ever been more excited... (maybe if my brother ever gets married, or when my little sister does, or other family members) I thought Liz was not going to do the whole bridesmaid thing... and I had already set myself up for this fact... that I would just be there to help her celebrate her day (and I told her I was going to plan a bachelorette party... end of story!)


Well, last night, Liz asked me to be her matron of honor and I couldn't be more excited. I think the smile on my face when she asked was like a mile wide... I am so so so so happy to help her with everything wedding related (that she wants) and be there to support her on this journey. The more I think about my wedding the more I realize she should have been my maid of honor... but that's a topic I really haven't approached on this blog... and I'm not sure I will ever write about it...


Either way, I am thrilled to be a part of her day in this way... words cannot describe! Liz, I am so so so so excited and happy for you... eek!!

1 comment:

Christina said...

I get the whole "she should have been my matron of honor" comment. That is specifically why I didn't choose a friend, because you never know how that friendship will play out. I chose my future sister in law and it was the best decision I ever made. And it helps that we really like eachother, anyway. :)

I'm so happy for you though! I know how much this must mean to you and I know that you are going to do a great job!!