Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Packed Full Weekend

This past weekend I was quite busy. I don't normally have so much to do in one weekend, but for some reason last weekend was quite full... but in a completely good way. On Friday night we were suppose to have plans, but I was feeling kind of blah still so we ended up staying in on Friday. Probably a good call since they other plans more certainly would have involved alchohol... On Saturday day Carrie and I took a mini road trip to an antique shop in Livingston, IL called the Pink Elephant. We've been talking about making this trip for a few months now, and Saturday was the perfect day. What's interesting about this antique shop has some interesting things outside... including, go figure a Pink Elephant. There were some other fun stuff too like this carosal... that i'm positive came from the Burger King on Watson Road that we use to visit as a kid, I could be wrong, but the more I look at this picture the more I think it is...
Or the tall man and half elephant... he's holding an ice cream cone. BTW the site I linked above tell you more about some of these items.
Here's a Christmas looking stand
That ice cream hut serves ice cream during the on-season, which we missed by only 6 days... they start ice cream service on Friday in case you're interested.
Here's Carrie next to the UFO looking thing


And there were some crazy things inside. The actual antique shop is in an old school building. There were quite a few shops, not as many as the Tesson Ferry Antique Mall I've gone to, but it was still fun, and tons of things to look at. Here's a wedding dress we found for Carrie.

And this guy greeted you when you walked in the door. In the end I didn't find anything worth buying, but we had a great time on our mini road trip!


On Saturday night Chad and I met up with my friend Liz for her birthday. Liz and I have been friends since kindergarten. I can't believe how long ago that was... we have had our ups and downs, but she's one of my closest friends and she probably always will be. She is finally almost done with school AND she just got engaged!!! I am soo excited for her and so happy she's happy. I can't wait to help her with wedding planning (as long as she lets me). And plan her a kick ass bachelorette party.


On Sunday morning my friend Susan and I headed downtown to cheer our friend Carrie on in her first half-marathon. We thought we'd be able to cheer on at the finish line, but I guess races don't really allow that... I'll know better the next time! We should have found somewhere on the race route to cheer her on... but we were actually able to find her after the race, it was a zoo down there, so it was lucky we saw her. I noticed like 10 of my friends on FB were doing it and I didn't see any of them! I think it's really awesome people are able to complete these races, so major props to everyone who was able to complete it!!
After Carrie's race I went over to my mom's house to hang out for awhile. We really didn't do anything exciting, but it's always nice to see my mom. On Sunday when Chad got home we did quite a bit of running around - Petsmart, Target and Schnucks. It was fun to run around together. With Chad's new schedule it's hard to see him as much as I'd like to. Either way, it was a jam packed weekend, but in a totally good way!!

No comments: