Thursday, January 17, 2013

Cupcakes!

As I've mentioned on this blog before, I go to my friend Michelle's house about once a week to watch some crappy television and eat pizza.  Currently the television shows we are watching together is Dance Moms and the Joe Schmo Show.

Anyway... this week Michelle surprised me with cupcakes from Jilly's.





The one on the left is Blueberry Cobbler.  Here's the description from their website:

Blueberry Cobbler
Cake: Fresh Blueberry
Filling: Lemon Curd
Topping: Vanilla Buttercream, Blueberry Compote, Brown Sugar Streusel Crumbs

The one on the right is Cinna-Bon Appetit.

Cinna-Bon Appétit
Cake: Cinnamon Swirl
Filling: Brown Sugar & Cinnamon Caramel
Topping: Cream Cheese Icing with a Sticky Cinnamon Swirl

Michelle and I decided they both sounded good - so we cut them in half so we could try them both.





While I really liked the Cinna-bon one.. I have to admit I liked the blueberry one better.  There was some I really liked about the lemon center (love lemon) and the brown sugar streusel crumbs were so good.  And honestly while I was eating it I didn't think the icing was buttercream (don't really love buttercream) but it was delicious and light, almost like a whipped topping.

Yum yum... just wanted to share some deliciousness

No comments: