Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Groupon Day

Last Sunday my friend Carrie and I had a Groupon day.


What's a Groupon day you may ask? Well, only the most fun day ever... okay maybe that was a tad bit of an exaggeration, but it was a really fun day!


Everyone is familiar with Groupon right? If not you should at the very least sign up for their emails. They contain deals around your city. You buy it for a lower price and then get more money when you go. It's kind of like buying a really great coupon. It's awesome... I'm most attracted to Groupons that have activities however some of the food ones are pretty enticing as well!


A long time ago Carrie and I bought Groupons to Baked Goods Pottery. This is a place where you go and paint pottery. We finally used it on Sunday to begin our Groupon Day. The place is really cute, and the employee was so super nice and explained everything to us. Then they let you pick your piece and get to painting.


Here I am painting my gnome... I named him Bernard


And here is Carrie and me with our gnomes. Yes, we both painted gnomes, you can paint other things there too, but the gnome seemed fun to me!! We also both wore purple dresses, that was not planned, but was pretty cute


After painting we headed to Old Navy. We both bought Old Navy Groupons ($10 for $20 worth of stuff). While neither of us had a stand out item we wanted, we both ended up coming away with some pretty good items. I got a white short sleeved shirt and a loose fitting tank top. I think Carrie got a pair of jeans (the kind that comes to right above your ankle) and a shirt.

After that, Carrie took me out to dinner with another Groupon to Drunken Fish. This was my second experience with sushi and it was delicious!! We got shrimp tempera, spicy tuna roll and fried philly roll. They were all AMAZING. I then convinced her to get dessert. Drunken Fish has one of my all-time favorite desserts. This cheesecake roll thing... it's basically like friend strawberry cheesecake... all nice and warm... so it's so good... if you ever go there you HAVE to get it.

Here's the total I spent out of pocket on Sunday...

Baked Goods - $1.20
Old Navy - $0.86
Drunken Fish - $15

That's a wonderful day for less than $20... I love Groupon!!

No comments: