Thursday, July 28, 2011

Grizzles Game

Speaking of yesterday's post about Groupon Day... I used an additional Groupon on Tuesday night. Something I enjoy about Groupon is that it almost 'forces' you to do something you've always talked about doing.

Back in February we finally went to Sky Zone... we had been talking about doing it forever, and finally we took the time to do it. It was fun, I'm glad we finally tried it, but it wasn't as much fun as I was expecting. I think I'm a bit of a chicken and didn't want to flip mostly b/c all of the dividers between the different trampolines. I've become more and more of a chicken.

A few months back there was a Groupon to a Gateway Grizzlies game. Chad and I have been talking about going to a Grizzlies game since we got together. We just never actually do it. When this Groupon popped up (2 $10 tickets, 2 hot dogs, 2 bags of chips, and 2 $5 credits at their team store for $18) we were sold.

We cashed that sucker in on Tuesday night... our friends Ryan and Kayla came with us. Other than it being so freaking hot (did I mention it's hot in St. Louis right now?!?) we had a lot of fun. The stadium is so small, which has like a classic ballpark feel to me. And the best part?? Cheap food and beer. We ate so much food last night, it was amazing... and I think I had about 4 beers... we also had Philly Cheesesteak Nachos, the hot dogs, shared some chili-cheese nachos, and a pretzel. We also all got a frozen treat - I had a chocolate and nut covered frozen banana.

I can't tell you who won... I can't tell you the score, or a single player's name... but what I can tell you is it was a lot of fun and I hope to go back earlier in the year next season... so maybe it's not as hot as it was last night.

(this is really where I should have a picture of food or us at the game or something... yeah, maybe I need to get better at that!)

Oh Groupon... I love you so!!

1 comment:

Christina said...

We went on Sunday with DH's entire family. We had one of those terraces reserved and had nachos, etc. Sunday's weather was gorgeous and there was a nice breeze. I couldn't tell you who we played or the score. It was just fun to hang out.