Saturday, April 10, 2010

Indianapolis

This past weekend I went to Indianapolis for a larger (325 person) higher profile (Chiefs of Staff and Nurse Executives) conference. For some reason this conference has been a pain in the butt for the last few weeks. They kept changing the brochure and faculty members... it was tough to keep up on everything. I was thinking with all this crap before the conference that during the conference things were bound to mess up. I guess I just really didn't know what to expect. I did everything I could not to drop the ball anywhere... I'm just not sure it's possible to do that 100% of the time.

Anyway the conference was this past week and it went really smoothly. I was pleasantly shocked. I am just so happy that we not only got through with it that it we knocked it out of the park in the process. People were very nice and thankful for everything that we did and everyone seemed to think it was a really great conference. After we finished up on Thursday I was just high on life. I was so flipping happy at how good of a job my team and I did. All my hard work paid off big time.

The hotel staff was amazing too. We were at the Downtown Indianapolis Marriott and I would have to say it was the best hotel staff I have worked with. They were so accommodating, personable and friendly. They got things done and since they scheduled a huge dinner a half an hour after our conference was suppose to end (it went late) they really made up for it. They also didn't rush us out of there... (ok they maybe did a little by setting up around us but it wasn't bad)

I guess I just want to say that I'm really happy this conference is over but I'm also really happy the end result was so good.

No comments: