Saturday, April 17, 2010

Last Weekend in Review

I am only a week late in writing this... but I think after that I might be caught up... probably not but dare to dream people!

Last Friday I went out to dinner with some old high school friends. I met Beth, Amanda and Emmie at Dewey's Pizza in Kirkwood. I have never been to Dewey's but it's somewhere I've wanted to try for awhile now. We had a bit of a wait since it was Friday night. The time went by fast since we chatted in the mean time. I got a Caesar salad to start off with and it was delicious. We split a pizza and I'll tell you we ordered way too much!! We got half pepperoni and half Billy Goat. It was pretty yummy but I was stuffed. The company was very nice. It's always great to catch up with old friends. I've known Amanda since elementary school and Emmie and Beth since middle school... so over 10 years. We talked about meeting up once a month to try new places and I really hope that we start that... I think it would be a lot of fun.

On Saturday night we headed over to The Little Bar for Liz's birthday. I've known Liz longer than any of the girls above. Liz and my birthdays are only 13 days apart. This bar is in South City and is exactly as it name says... little. I don't know many of Liz's other friends, but we still had a good time... well other than when the homeless woman came in and stood way to close for comfort to me... did I mention she had no bottom teeth AND she kept swaying to the music right on my back... ew!!!!

On Sunday we went bowling with my mom's family. Nearly everyone was there. Me, Chad, Mom, Lindsey, Pat, Karly, Brett, Keith, Billy, Cyndi, Ruth and Grandma. I was awful, I bowled worse than I've ever bowled before. In three games my total score wouldn't have broken 150. But one of the fun things we planned to do was to get my Grandma to bowl. You see, there are a lot of things in life that my Grandma hasn't done so when we heard that she has never been bowling before we knew we had to change that. The first time up she did very well. She was going to bowl every other or every third frame for my mom, but my mom did super awesome that game and bowled 5 strikes in a row. So after my mom's hot streak ended Grandma bowled again and got a strike!! Can you believe that?!?

The other funny thing that happened was I nearly killed my Grandma with a bowling ball... okay that might be a little dramatic. What happened was I was up and went to bowl. On my back swing I lost the grip of the ball and the ball flew backwards. Have you ever balled Wii bowling and did that for fun? It was a lot like that. Everyone was fine, but I couldn't believe I did that. I could not stop laughing.

We concluded the day by eating at a Cafe Manhattan, one of our favorites. The salad is SO YUMMY. It was really great spending time with my awesome family. I love the time we spend together, they are a lot of fun and really great people. I really hope that we do something like this very soon.

Overall last weekend was wonderful.

No comments: