Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thursday nights

Have I ever talked about our Thursday nights?

Thursday nights are Chad and my date night. When we first got together we designated one night each week to be "date night" and that night is Thursday.

Each Thursday we know we will spend together, just the two of us. We don't do anything particularly special or super exciting... but it's the one night that we know we will be spending together. We don't make plans for Thursdays. Thursdays we spend together.

Like tonight we will spend together. We will watch Survivor together (our show) and probably a couple of other shows (CSI and Sober House) and we'll eat a great dinner and hang out the two of us.

I know some will say we hang out together every night of the week, but Thursdays are our special night... and will always be our special date night.

I read somewhere having a particular night each week that is like a date night is one of the characteristics of a healthy, happy, forever type of marriage. When I read that I thought, hey, we're doing something right (we had other characteristics as well)

Anyway... you'll all know what I'll be doing tonight.

No comments: