Monday, April 19, 2010

Never...

I've considering writing about this topic for quite some time... but never did I think I would be writing the words I am about to write.

Years ago I had this friend... this friend and I had a major falling out. I would love to point to the reason that this falling out happened, but I just can't. I could list the reasons why it happened but they would sound childish and petty. Two weeks ago these reasons would have still made me tell you how awful this friend was... how horrible she was to me and all the reasons I didn't like her.

I've spent years in that spot of hate and anger... and today I can safely say I am no longer there. I no longer have this "enemy" I've pegged that friend to be...

What changed you may ask? Well that friend messaged me. The first time she tried this years ago I was not very nice, but this time I listened to her and accepted the apology. We have been messaging back and forth ever since.

I never thought I would be ok with this... I didn't ever want to forgive her for what she put me through, but it feels really really good not to have that anger and hate in my life. My mom said it right, it's like cancer. I'm really enjoying catching up with her. I'm actually looking forward to the messages. I hope that we are able to continue this friendship... rebuild what we once had.

No comments: