Tuesday, April 28, 2015

15 Weeks

Originally written: April 27, 2015 (all caught up!)

How far along:  15 weeks; size of an apple or an orange

How I'm feeling:  I'm good! I just go to bed pretty early most nights, but honestly that was me before getting pregnant too... so... Also, I'd say this is the first week bump-wise that I'm feeling pregnant.  My stomach is hard when I'm standing... while I can still suck in I don't really have the energy to suck in all the time...

Worries/Fears:  I haven't been worrying about too much although there's so many decisions that need to be made... and I know I need to start thinking about some of them... like daycare... eeks.

Miss anything: Things have been mostly good, I keep mentioning the eating thing, which is true.  It's probably my biggest complaint about pregnancy.  Instead of just feeling hungry I get a stomach ache that doesn't really make me want to go out and eat, but I know that's exactly what I need to do to help it stop.  Like body, why not just be like your hungry instead just weird pain where it feels like eating is the last thing I want to do... mixed signals yo.

Movement:  Nothing yet... maybe soon?

Food cravings:  Nothing really

Food aversions: Nothing specifically... sometimes things sound good, other times they don't

Other symptoms:  I started noticing my gums bleeding when I brush my teeth... but that's about it

Maternity clothes, Stretch marks, Belly Button:  I finally made an order for some maternity clothes including a BellaBand.  I also bought basic layering tanks b/c I like to wear that kind of stuff under my other shirts.  By the end of last week my jeans were feeling really tight when I buttoned them... I know the time is approaching real soon where I'm going to want that BellaBand... and probably maternity clothes.  My plan was to try to pack away some of my closet this weekend with stuff I'm not going to be able to wear, but it didn't happen... sometime this week or next weekend that will for sure be happening.

What I'm looking forward to:  Getting some things done around the house to begin working on the nursery.

Best moment of this week:  Well this has become more of a recap of the week, but still, it's highlights of the week.  First off, last Monday I told my team at work I was pregnant and they were all so excited and supportive.  While I didn't think they would act any other way, it's always nice to have the reassurance.  After telling my work team, I posted the news on Facebook so we went all public!  It's nice to have out there and the showing of support and excitement from others is really nice!
Social Media Announcement

On Thursday night I hung out with my mom and sister while we helped Lindsey with her resume and other things.  It was a very long night, but I always enjoy spending time with family.

Friday night after work was really low key and I enjoyed just sitting at home in my comfy pants watching TV.

Saturday, I had brunch with my dad and Janet at Benton Park Café.  Then it was a pretty dreary day out and I took a nap and it was amazing.  That night I met up with Susan for dinner and a painting class.  It was a really nice day!

Sunday I finally did the things I wanted to do in the basement... no, not everything... the spare room down there needs cleaned out/up in a major way, but I cleaned out the cat closet and did a deep vacuum including using Arm and Hammer Pet Odor Eliminator on the carpet.  I think it helped, or at least I was feeling overwhelmed by the fresh scent.  I also cleaned up the house and dusted.  That afternoon Dan moved the TV outside so we watched the Blues lose on the deck.  Amanda and Lou and Ben came over.  It was really nice... a bit chilly but I bundled up including a blanket.  Overall it was a really nice week and weekend!

Bump picture:
I need to get a better mirror

1 comment:

Christina said...

Holy crap! I haven't gotten on here in a while but just saw this. Congratulations!!!! I am so excited for you!