Monday, May 4, 2015

16 Weeks

How far along:  16 weeks; size of an avocado

How I'm feeling:  I'm feeling really pretty good... I'd say for the most part this week has felt the most 'normal' meaning pre-pregnancy normal

Sleep:  I noticed this point had been deleted off my last few posts when I went back to post everything... but it's an interesting topic for me as I'm someone who LOVES sleep.  I've been going to bed later each night, I think this is partially due to the fact that Dan is working second shift this month and when he is gone I just stay up longer.  I think it's also due to the fact I've gotten energy back.  In other sleep news, stomach sleep is still happening, but it's not directly on my stomach like a modified version.  I know one day I won't be able to and I'll miss it, but I'll deal.  Side story, before I broke my leg I could not sleep on my back, it was sides or stomach, but with the broken leg I had no choice but to sleep on my back.  Now I will sleep on my back from time to time... just took a couple of months 'training'

Worries/Fears:  Some fears about having a healthy baby have snuck in a bit

Miss anything: When I'm around drunk people (like Saturday night) it makes me miss being drunk myself only for the fact that dealing with drunk people is just annoying at times!

Movement:  Maybe, probably not, but maybe something, I'm not sure... it will be nice to know for sure... this maybe movement stuff has happened in the last couple of days... which makes me think it's too early for me to really be feeling anything.

Food cravings:  Nothing really

Food aversions: Nothing specifically... sometimes things sound good, other times they don't

Other symptoms:  Nothing really.

Maternity clothes, Stretch marks, Belly Button:  Big developments in the maternity clothes department.  On Friday I switched over my closet, I packed away all my normal clothes and hung up all my maternity stuff.  I let myself not get rid of anything when I packed it away as who knows where I'll be and what I'll like in X number of months/a year when I can wear all that stuff again.  I have WAY too many clothes as is and my plan is to do a major downgrade whenever I do get back to that stage in life.  It was nice cleaning out the closet and getting things ready... I've been in maternity clothes since then.  I got my Bella Band last Wednesday and wore it for the first time on Thursday and OMG so much more comfortable in pants.  I can still button my pants (have a couple of times without thinking) but would never be comfortable like that for very long.  I'm starting to embrace the fact that I am pregnant so it's okay to look pregnant... even if it's still in the questionable does she have a gut or is she pregnant stage... but whatever, it's all good.

What I'm looking forward to: The next couple of weekends will be filled with family stuff and I always look forward to that.

Best moment of this week:  Let's see... Getting the closet done felt like a great win in my book... although I still need to buy a couple more bins for the plethora of clothing I accumulated.  Friday night was really nice, I hung out with my mom, we went to a few stores and primed the letters for the nursery.

Saturday I did some chores around the house, took a nap, and then had dinner at 3 Monkeys with some friends (Dan, Kyle and Ben).  We went to UCBC biergarten in Midtown afterwards and I missed having my favorite beer.

Sunday was really nice b/c I got my grocery shopping done early and then had lunch with my high school friends - Amanda and Beth.  It was really nice catching up with them and they were so sweet and brought my some gifts.  That night I made dinner, watched tv and went to bed.


Bump:  I need to get a better mirror or someone to take the picture for me... but the bathroom at work seems to work the best for now.  This week I really felt like I got a bump... it's fun!


16 weeks

No comments: