Tuesday, April 28, 2015

13 Weeks

Originally written: April 14, 2015


How far along:  13 weeks; size of a peach... that feels significant!








How I'm feeling:  Much better after I got over the plague :)  I still have a lingering cough (it's not terrible just comes every once in awhile) and some gunk in my throat but I feel like a million times better than I did when I was sick.  Also I think I'm slowly getting my energy back.








Worries/Fears:  If I let my mind venture down the holy crap I'm going to have to give birth thing... or all the decisions that will have to be made then well I really could end up in freak out mode... luckily I've perfected the thinking of it's 'future Jenn's' problem pretty well.  I'm a procrastinator through and through... even with my thinking.






Miss anything: Eating like I did beforehand... not so much what I can eat, but normal appetite, not having to think about eating again or eating often... taking the joy out of one of my favorite activities.






Movement:  Nothing yet... this probably won't change for quite awhile yet






Food cravings:  Nothing really... every once in awhile I'll get an idea in my head of something that sounds good, but it hasn't been OMG I need that RIGHT NOW... although I will say cheese fries sounded good one day last week and I got them after work... but only because I was picking up dinner anyway (from that place I would not have normally gotten cheese fries)






Food aversions: Hunks of meat have not sounded good, also sweets have just not been sounding appealing.  Like eating candy sounds gross, sometimes I order a soda or lemonade and it comes tasting way too sweet... things like that.






Other symptoms:  Nothing that I can think of... things have been going pretty good






Maternity clothes, Stretch marks, Belly Button:  Nothing yet... mostly just feeling pudgy... and I had a stomach before I got pregnant so that's nothing new... although it's getting harder and harder to suck in






What I'm looking forward to:  I have a doctor's appointment this week and then sometime in the next week I'll tell people at work and then probably go public with the news.  It will feel good not feeling like I'm lying to anyone anymore.






Best moment of this week:  The weekend was pretty fun.  Friday night after work we went and got Dan's birthday present (a Webber Grill) and had dinner out (Hooter's it was subpar in my opinion). 


Saturday was a casual day but ended up grilling and Caleb came over.  It was fun hanging out although I didn't get to drink (I did make myself a fun drink so at least there was that - half juice half sprite).  That night we went up to Quincy Street Bistro for some snacks (they had drinks). 


On Sunday I met up with my mom and we went to breakfast at Cracker Barrel, then to the Queeny Park Art Fair (OMG I wish I were rich!).  We also went by Buy Buy Baby and it was fun (and overwhelming) to look around that store... oh the decisions that will have to be made!  We also went by some other stores and by the end of the day I was pooped!  It was fun though!

No comments: