Monday, April 27, 2015

Other Early Stuff

Originally written: March 18, 2015




I just wanted to write down some thoughts about early in the process...






On March 4th we had an appointment at the doctor... finally.  I was really looking forward to the appointment so I'd really know that there was actually a baby in there... I just couldn't quite fully believe it until I knew for sure.






The appointment was very surreal... we got to see the little blob on an ultrasound and hear the heartbeat... I didn't really know what to say.  I really thought I would cry, but as is most situations for me thinking about it makes me cry while actually experiencing it is more of a surreal experience.  I was happy to see the baby and it seems like Dan was pretty in awe too.  It was a really neat experience.

This picture shows the little baby \.  The baby is the white blob on the left on the black circle.  At the bottom of this picture is the heartbeat.  It was measuring around 142 bpm at this appointment.

Here's a bigger picture.  Again the baby is the white blob with the letters CRL above it.


That night I wanted to tell my mom... I didn't want to wait any longer so I headed over there and gave her a card I got off Etsy.  She was shocked and so so excited.  Lindsey was there too and I think I made her cry.  They've both been so wanting a baby in the family and I think they were just so happy that it was actually happening.  Although I think it's killing my mom a bit not to scream it from the rooftops :).






That weekend I made plans with my dad so I could tell him the news.  I was a little more nervous about telling him because I know my dad and he's Mr. Practical... so I was a little worried he would jump to the practicality of having a baby instead of the joy of it first.  I told him, Janet and Connor while we waited for brunch.  Janet was so excited and gave me the biggest hug right away and then Dad did too... I know his practical mind was swimming (he got to verbalizing it later) but I think he's genuinely excited about the baby too.  Connor was happy that he was one of the first to know instead of one of the last.






We've told more friends as time goes on.  Kind of when we see them sort of thing.  I have it planned out how I'm going to tell the rest of the 'important' people.  Keith and Rachel will both be in town for my birthday weekend/Dave's wedding - so we'll tell them in person then.  I will let the news spread at Dave's wedding... I don't want to take the spotlight away, but it's an easy time with everyone being there at the same time.  The following day we are doing a big family picture on my mom's side and we'll tell everyone then.  That next weekend is Easter and we'll tell Dan's extended family then.  I have my next appointment on April 14th.  After that appointment I'll feel comfortable telling people at work.  Then finally we'll announce it to the world on Facebook sometime after that. 


It's an exciting time, but I'll be happy when it's out there and I don't feel like I'm holding onto some kind of secret.  I hope everything continues to go well with me and baby t-rex... but in roughly a month it should be out there for the world to know :)

No comments: