Friday, December 2, 2011

How?

Say there is something that really bothers you.  Something that you get super emotional about.  One of those the feeling hits you way before you're actually able to defuse the situation.  Your eyes get all teary and before you know it you really want to to cry.  But you're not in a situation where you can... maybe you're around a big group of people, or in a strange location or you just can't get away...  You can't really describe the situation to the people around you (maybe it doesn't make sense or opening your mouth will just make it worse) and you cannot just avoid the situation from the start.

You try to logic your way out of it - this doesn't make sense, why are you upset... the only real way is to try to tactifully get around it (not make it obvious), maybe go to the bathroom to cry...  Or that's the only ways I've figure out how to get myself off that emotional peak.

So my question is... how do I get over this?  I know it would probably help to know the details, but I don't really want to make those public.  I guess, my question is how do I bring myself down?  Or help me get over it before I'm even in the situation?

I can tell you that the mere thought of thinking about it can get my pretty emotional.  It doesn't make sense.  I guess that I just have really strong feelings... and while in my head I'm telling myself it's stupid to feel that way my body cannot get on board with my head.  I don't want it to happen anymore and I'm pretty annoyed by it all... I feel stupid and I feel like eventually someone will call me out on it (which won't make it any better!)   I'm not saying that I need to completely get over these feelings - I just need to not be so emotional about it at the drop of a hat.

I plan on asking my counselor about it... but thought I would put it out here too.  It's something that I need and want to get over... it's something that's so stupid I hate even bringing it up.  I just want to figure out a way to be okay with it and not break into tears...

1 comment:

dsdddwddgdd said...

i think you need to say it to someone; all of it; put it out there; cry and get emotional and let it go for as long as it needs to. then regroup. plan the person, the time and the place. holding it in isn't cutting it and rationalizing isn't cutting it. feel it; own it; let it pour--then, move on. i really think it will work.