Thursday, December 15, 2011

500

This is a special post for me... this is my 500th post!!  Can you believe it?  I have been blogging since mid-October 2008.  I good blogger would have reached this goal by now... but I've stuck with my resolution (more on that in a week or two) and I feel like I'm doing much better as a blogger.

A lot of things have happened in the 3+ years and 500 posts... and I'm not going to recap that... but you can read about them, if you want :)

I wanted to write a bit about why I enjoy this blog and what it means to me.  Lately it has become clearer to me.  I write this blog for me... while I really enjoy knowing that I have readers and I especially love getting the very few comments that I actually get (I know there's a way to get more, but I'm not there quite yet)  This blog is a tale of my life.  It's a place to record all the things that I do, the feelings I've had.  It's nice to see growth and it's a good re-assurance that life moves on and this two will pass.

I like being able to look back and see the past three years in a way that I would not remember otherwise.  I haven't really enjoyed looking back recently, but I am 100% certain that I'll be happy that I didn't go all crazy and delete posts of that previous life.  It's a part of me, and it's a way for me to grow.  Speaking of that, this blog has helped me more than I can really say in staying (somewhat) sane and strong during this divorce.  I know they are probably not the most enjoyable or easy to read posts, but it's a place for me to be honest with myself.  Those posts have helped me a lot to sort out my feelings and a place to get them out of my head.  I've had a lot of on the negative side posts recently, but yesterday's post really helped me feel better.  I've felt a lot better since I wrote it (not perfect, but better.)

I'm happy I decided to start blogging.  When I started, I really wasn't sure where I wanted it to go, or what I wanted it to become... but it's become my life, it's become a place for family and friends to read and know what's going on, especially things I probably just wouldn't say when I'm around (not because their bad, but because they don't seem conversation worthy)  I'm happy with where this has come and where it's going.

I will keep on blogging... I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.  To my readers (the few, but still), I'm happy that you stop by and share in my life journey.  Even though I know most of you don't comment (you should) it means a lot to me to know you're out there.

Here's to many many more posts!!

No comments: