Friday, August 26, 2011

Week in Review

Something a little different...

Friday August 19:  Every other Friday my friend-slash-coworker, Carrie and I go to lunch.  We went to bread company, it was fun.  Friday night, we celebrated my good friend Susan's birthday.  We went to the Little Hills Winery Festival in St. Charles.  First we had dinner at Llewellyn's.  It was my first time eating there and it was pretty delicious.  We sat outside, and that was really nice.  I really can't wait until it's fall and the weather is really nice to sit outside in.  I'm pretty done with this warm weather!  Then we walked around the festival.  None of us bought anything, but it was a good time.  We did get fried oreos... pretty delicious!!  At the end of the night our car got stuck in a parking lot.  There were no signs saying we couldn't park where we did, but they pretty much locked us in.  Luckily we were able to get the car out (not that I thought we wouldn't), but it was pretty funny... at least to me.

Saturday, August 20:  Chad made plans for us to visit his friend, Melissa's house in Jerseyville, IL.  We picked up his other friend Elizabeth.  (both of these girls are members of his motorcycle gang (ok, it's a club, but gang sounds so much cooler)  We went to Melissa's house to shoot guns.  I shot my very first gun... ever.  I didn't really care to shoot one, but Chad really wanted me to - so I did.  After the others got their fill of using deadly weapons the plan was to eat at Fast Eddie's Bon Air... however it was SO FREAKING PACKED that we just headed home.  We ended up getting Taco Bell for dinner and renting a couple of movies from Red Box.  We watched Adjustment Bureau and Sucker Punch - both were entertaining.

Sunday, August 21:  Chad and I slept in again and then ate some food together.  Then Chad had to head to work.  I did school work (thrilling I know).  Timing worked out perfectly and I was finished with schoolwork when I needed to leave to meet up with my family to finally celebrate my brother's birthday.  We went to a restaurant on the Hill.  It was super delicious, the toasted ravioli was probably the best I've ever had.  After dinner I headed home and just hung out.

Monday, August 22:  It was my Monday off work.  I love this schedule!  I got to sleep in, it was awesome.  Then Chad did motorcycle stuff while I did laundry (excitement city!)  I also am trying to reuse a canvas so I painted over the last picture... After Chad was finished with the motorcycle stuff we had dinner - take out from a local Thai food place and nutter butter blizzards from DQ.  We also finally watched Paranormal Activity 2 - kinda freaked us both out!

Tuesday, August 23:  Urg, back to work.  But, I stayed busy, so that's something.  I got something annoying that I left on Friday done, so that felt good.  When I got home, we went out to dinner with our friends Ryan and Kayla.  We went to Smugala's up the street b/c they have pitcher specials during Cardinals games.  We got pitchers of beer, pretzel bites, chicken wings, and buffalo chicken pizza - all VERY good!!  It was a fun night, I like Smugala's and happy they put one up the street.  Plus, Chad and Ryan won us some of those fake candy cigarette things... reminds me of my childhood.  Also found out that my step-sister Adriane had her baby.

Wednesday, August 24:  Ugh, work again!  This was probably the least exciting day of the week.  I did accidentally break one of my plants at work.  SAD FACE.  I'm trying to save the piece I broke off, I should be able to.  I came home and made my favorite dinner when I'm alone - chili mac.  A can of turkey chili (Wolf brand with some extra spices), macaroni noodles, and cheese... and oyster crackers!  Oh, so good... but probably oh so bad for me.  I watched Bachelor Pad (I like reading the recap on RealitySteve.com) and the finale of the Challenge - Rivals on MTV - I'm sad it's over.

Thursday, August 25:  Ugh, work yet again (sensing a trend??)  I went to lunch with Susan.  We always go to McAllisters and it was no different on Thursday.  It was a good time.  We also stopped by Babies R Us so she could help me pick out a gift for the new baby (since she has a little guy herself).  On Thursday night, I had dinner with my dad.  We went to Fuddrucker's.  It was pretty delicious - good burgers.  It was nice to catch up with him one-on-one.  We decided to look at Borders since it is going out of business.  I picked up a book I wanted, but realized I could get it for the same price on Amazon as the discounted price at Borders.  After dad and I parted ways, I went home, but first stopped at Michael's to pick up a final frame for the wedding pictures I want to hang up.  Now I can work on the arrangement and finally (almost 3 years later) get them hung up.  My goal is to have them on the wall before our anniversary.

And that was my week - like this segment?  I can do it again let me know!!

No comments: