Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Vacation - Day 4

This was one of the first days on vacation we could actually sleep in... and boy did it feel good.  Later than morning Lindsey and I decided to go parasailing.  We had made an appointment for the night before for a place recommended by the hotel.  We figured it was just a few blocks down on the beach so Lindsey and I got dressed and made the trek to the place on the beach.  We walked and walked and walked and didn't see anything.  I mean you'd think it would be easy to find a parasailing place.

After we decided we had walked far enough we went up to the street to see and we had walked past the address.  Long story short, I guess the place we made reservations at was in North Myrtle Beach not South Myrtle Beach where we were.  I guess the road has the same addresses... we started to realize this trend more and more over our few days in Myrtle Beach... talk about confusing!!

Either way we decided to go to a different parasailing place that wasn't in North Myrtle Beach where we were not located!  Mom drove us down there, and we paid and got our life vests and waited for our turn.  We had to take a banana boat out to the boat.  The ride out there was fun, but the position I had to sit in really kind of hurt my hip.  Also going over the waves sprayed you with water... it was fun, but kind of annoying too.

Here is my sister and I on the boat
And here we are up in the air... ignore my goofy legs
Parasailing was amazing!  It was so much fun.  When I was watching the parasailing boats going by I was thinking it might be really scary being that high up... but it wasn't at all... it was really peaceful and fun.  When they brought us back in they drunk us, which was fun... and then the dragged us in the water... it was fun all around.

We went back to the and mom and Lindsey headed to the beach.  Here's a secret... I like being by the ocean, but I don't really like swimming in the ocean... and I don't like how sad gets everywhere and you can't get rid of it... I know... I'm crazy.  So I found a chair at the pool swam around in the pool and read by book poolside... it was very nice!

On vacation I read Sisterhood Everlasting.
This is a continuation of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series.  It takes page of the verge of the girls turning 30.  I really like series where you get to follow the course of charecter's lives... and I loved these books and always wonder - what happened.  Well, now I know... it wasn't what I expected, but it was really good!

Now, I thought I was being sly by staying in the shade at the pool, but I guess I wasn't as in the shade as I thought - b/c this happen....

Sorry for the crappy iphone picture - but yes... my knees got seriously burnt... what a weird place to get a sunburn and I'll tell you it hurt!

That evening we went to a dinner show - Dolly Parton's Pirate Voyage. It just opened earlier this year and a lot of the website I read said it was a pretty good show.  They serve dinner and have the show.  The show was great, the plot was kinda silly but the acrobats were awesome... and it was overall entertaining.  There was a big pool of water and animals too.  We were expecting the food to be pretty mediocre but it ended up being really good.  We got soup, half a chicken (whatever rub was on it was fabulous), pork shank, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and an apple tart for dessert.

Overall pretty fun day!

No comments: