Sunday, August 23, 2009

Not what you expect

Have I talked about StumbleUpon! before? Stumble is an add-in for FireFox that will bring you to random websites. You can set your interests and everything cool like that. Chad and I find some really cool sites this way.

Chad Stumble(d)Upon this recipe and we just had to try it.

Ingredients:
Box Cake Mix (I used chocolate)
Add in 3 eggs and a cup of water
And the special ingredient - a pint of ice cream (chocolate) softened
Beat it all together for 4 minutes...
Me beating it
And then Chad wanted a turn beating it (...hot...)
We poured it into a bunt cake pan... look at that... yum yum
And bake for 45 minutes.

In the mean time I made some homemade icing for the cake. I asked my mom for her opinions... and she suggested whipped cream icing... and frankly it was the right choice!!

So I used some whipping cream
I added in some sugar and vanilla and got to whipping... it was thin at first
But quickly became thicker and whip cream like
Soon the cake was ready to come out of the oven
The next day I iced the cake
Then added a little chocolate flecks for embellishment

I guess I forgot the mention why I was making this cake. I made it for my dad's birthday.

The cake went over very well... it's about the most moist cake I've ever had... seriously the sponge-y-ness of it was unbelievable... it was extremely delicious and chocolaty. The whipped cream icing was nice and light and really mixed well with the cake. This recipe is totally easy and very much a keeper. I'm totally serious it was really really good... OMG... this one is worth trying (and we're probably going to vary the recipe)

1 comment:

Emily said...

That looks delicious! Thanks for sharing...will have to try it. =-)