Sunday, August 23, 2009

2+ Years in the Making

I have finally finished... and boy oh boy is it a good feeling!!

Since I found out my best friend Christina was pregnant (over two years ago) I decided I wanted to make her something. I went to the store and found this cross-stitch baby blanket that I adored. I bought it and got to work.

Then tragedy struck... in a freak accident Stitch knocked a glass of white wine on it. Since this was a printed cross-stitch all of my pattern was washed away... the blanket was ruined... I cried for awhile and ended up buying the exact same blanket.

It took me way longer to complete than I thought... plus I wasn't as diligent as I should have been... I kept at it... and now it's finished and completed for Claire's 2nd birthday.

Here are some pictures of my hard work... I hope to give this to her soon (it was suppose to be this weekend but that's a whole other story)

DetailsI had to sign the blanket... I mean two years of work...

Do you have a favorite letter? Now, I really need to start a new project.

No comments: