Sunday, February 22, 2009

First Week

Well... some of you may be wondering how my first week at my new job has gone... It's been great. It was only a four-day week due to President's Day. My first two days were spent new employee orientation... It's a bit strange since we have to go through orientation with the hospital employees so we got to learn about things like preventing infection... yum.

Thursday I finally got to start settling in... I got to meet a lot of my co-workers and get my desk. I also found out a lot of stuff about the schedule I can work and the leave I'll get... which was exciting. I can work a compressed work schedule and work 8-nine hour days, 1-eight hour day, and have a day off every other week... AWESOME!! My problem is trying to figure out what day I want off.

Friday I spent nearly all day doing online-training... I'm just glad to have that over with... it's always a little boring.

Next week I think I'll really start to get into what I'm doing and start to learn more. I'm excited... Chad can attest to this... I'm just much happier :) I have to get a physical tomorrow which I'm nervous about, so hopefully this week goes well and I'll have more things to talk about!!

No comments: