Tuesday, February 3, 2009

RIP Bear



We had to put our Bear to sleep yesterday.

After Wednesday's surgery Bear seemed to be getting better, he started eating a bit of food and drinking... he even managed to have a BM... But on Friday he started to look worse... on Saturday Chad took him to the vet (I had to work :( ) The vet said that his intestine was leaking and they offered to do surgery free of charge... they called in the other vet and preform emergency surgery on him. He made it through the surgery... but his prognosis was not looking good. He slept through the night and seemed to be in better spirits Sunday... drinking and even eating a bit... but by Monday he was back to worse... Chad took him to the vet, and we both knew what was going to happen... he wouldn't be able to endure another surgery, and not sure we'd want to put him through that anyway... We had to put Bear to sleep.

Our poor puppy... he was only 5 months old but left such an impression on my heart. I've never met a sweeter dog. I'm really really going to miss him. I know he's not suffering now... and don't all dogs go to heaven?

1 comment:

Angie said...

I'm so sorry Jenn. Losing a pet is fricken horrible. And yes I'm sure he's in heaven. Poor little guy.