Tuesday, November 2, 2010

So what's been going on with me?

I realized recently that I've done a pretty craptastic job of posting what I've been up to in the last month... and I've done some really interesting things... so here's what I've been up to, in no particular order:
  • A few weeks ago my mom bought the Groupon for the Gateway Arch Riverboats. Her and I took my Grandma for a boat trip. The weather was super nice and the boat ride was quite fun and interesting. I think Grandma enjoyed it.
  • After our lovely boat ride we visited another St. Louis classic spot... Crown Candy Kitchen. You may recall this place was featured on Man vs. Food. I love this place and just don't get to visit it like I'd like. I had a chili dog and it was quite tasty... my mom and I split a Strawberry shake for dessert while Grandma tried to tackle the banana split. To our surprise Chad showed up and joined us (I think this picture is funny... I made him hold the shake)

  • Speaking of Chad... he's on a new schedule now working Friday - Monday. So we are on a completely opposite schedule. We're still learning to adjust and now weekend nights are super early for me... but it's nice we can eat dinner together every night.
  • I went to Washington, DC for a conference a couple of weeks back. It was nice b/c I got to meet up with my in-laws and have dinner. We went to an awesome Mexican place called Rosa Mexicano. It's always nice getting to see them. Also while in DC, my coworker and I had an afternoon off and we visited Old Town in Alexandria, VA. Here we visited a Christmas store (talk about fueling my Christmas fever), the Torpedo Factory (where I found a bunch of things I loved but could never ever afford), and had a lovely dinner at The Fish House.
  • Last week I had sushi for the first time... I was surprised how much I enjoyed it... and I'd be willing to go away... plus the dessert was A-MAZE-ING
  • Me, my mom, sister Lindsey and brother Keith visited the pumpkin patch. In St. Louis there's two big pumpkin patches, Eckert's and Rombach's. In our family Rombach's is the place. I have a lot of family memories of this place... and I was excited to have our little family together again at the pumpkin patch. This is one of the traditions I'm excited to share with a baby... someday... no day soon.
  • I saw The Social Network with a couple of friends... I enjoyed it.
  • I bought my first Christmas present at the Tesson Ferry Antique Mall... I'm really excited about giving it. On a side note that Antique Mall is a lot of fun... it's really big and a lot of fun to look around in. The prices are reasonable, there's some really expensive things and some really cheap items. There's a good mixture... there's a couple of things I have my eyes on.
  • Last weekend I saw Secretariat with my mom and grandma. I thought it was pretty funny after the movie I told Chad that I saw Secretariat and he responded "what's that" so I said "it's a movie about Secretariat... the horse... the last winner of the triple crown"... I guess he didn't know about Secretariat at all... which I thought was crazy. The movie was pretty feel good, I enjoyed it.
  • My mom, sister and I tried a new restaurant - Three Monkeys. It was really tasty, I'm excited to go back.
Well, I think that's it for now, I'm sure I'm missing stuff... so I'll update if I think of anything else.

No comments: