Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving I am spending it away from St. Louis... we are spending it in Virginia with Chad's parents. We've been here since Sunday evening and will stay until sometime next weekend. I've been looking forward to this trip for awhile. A time to get away from everything (especially work) and spend a low key week with family. We also decided to bring the dogs along with us. They did really well in the car for roughly 13 hours and now that we're here they are having the time of their life. They have so many places to run and explore and sniff and pee on (in Rowdy's case.) After our first full day here the dogs were pooped... more worn out than I've ever seen before.

Anyway on this Thanksgiving I wanted to list some things I'm thankful for:

I am thankful to have such a supportive and amazing husband. He makes me laugh and brings such happiness to my life. I am so lucky to have him in my life.

I am thankful to have a wonderful family. Family is extremely important to me and I'm so grateful that I have such an amazing one... especially my mom.

I am thankful to have awesome friends. Sometimes I do wish I had more friends, but the ones I have are truly amazing. They listen to me, laugh with me, comfort me... overall they get me and even if I've felt like I lost my best friend this year, I've been surrounded by fantastic people.

I am thankful to have a job and to have the job that I do. I may complain and there might be some hypocrisies but in the end I love it. I am also thankful Chad is happy working where he is.

I am thankful to have such amazing pets... Pretty Kitty, Stitch, Bozley and Rowdy all bring me happiness with their unique personalities.

I am thankful for all the little things in life that make each day worth living (wow... that's a corny one isn't it??)

I am thankful for all the yummy food I shouldn't be eating but exists to tempt the crap out of me.

I am thankful to live in a city I love.

To wrap up this Thanksgiving day post: What is Chad thankful for?? Socks.

No comments: