Thursday, November 11, 2010

Shopping

A few weeks ago I was really eager to start my Christmas shopping. It all stemmed from stumbling across an awesome find at the Tesson Ferry Antique Mall. Suddenly it all made sense to me... start shopping early instead of waiting until the month of December like I normally do. (the fact I had a dream a few weeks ago that it was Christmas morning and I hadn't done any of my Christmas shopping at all.)

So I'm excited to start getting gifts... and that's when it dawns on me - I have absolutely no clue what to buy anyone. Even people I normally have some idea (like my mom) I'm feeling pretty clueless on...

I really don't have a clue what to get Chad. Earlier this week I had a brilliant idea to buy Chad the Kinect... He wasn't putting it on his Christmas list and while he thought it was pretty cool he wasn't acting all that excited about it, but still it would have been perfect, it would be really cool to have in the house and a really nice addition to our Xbox. That's when I realized the Kinect is going to be the hot Christmas item this year. Remember a few years ago when hot item was the Wii... and people were fighting over them in stores? I think that went on for at least 2 Christmas's... anywho... I'm thinking that's going to be the Kinect this year. I mean, have you seen that thing? It's flipping amazing.

But I'm back to a loss as to what to give Chad. Last year the gift I got him was pretty perfect. I got him a cigar humidor (that included a cutter, ashtray, and carrying case) with a cigar sampler. He was really happy with the gift and I've seen him use all of it throughout the year... so how do I live up to that?? I'm going to have to come up with something...

But past that, I have a lot of people on my list that I'm just not sure what to get. I imagine at some point I'll have Christmas lists from some of these people and I'll be able to pick something off of there. I guess I'm feeling like I'm lacking some creativity. Like I should be able to come up with some pretty rocking gifts for some of my list and I'm just not able to concentrate on it.

I especially want to come up with some better gifts for Chad's family... hopefully he'll be able to help me out more this year, or we'll think of a brilliant upon brilliant idea.

No comments: