Thursday, December 10, 2009

::sad face::

I am so over this week... this week has not been fun...

I've started writing this post several times in the last week or so but I don't feel like I've been able to describe it correctly... I'm not sure if some would even understand unless they have knowledge of the government's hiring processes.

The basic-ness is there was a promotion available which I feel like I'm perfect for (among lots of other people) and I didn't make it to the interviews b/c my previous job experience didn't qualify me. I completely don't agree with this. It doesn't help that people who have been here less time (ie a temp whose been here about a month) got interview. I am the best candidate for this position... and I'm not stuttering when I say this sentence. I am the best candidate. It completely sucks... I am so mad and disappointed and upset.

It doesn't help that people here maybe expected me to get it... or at least get an interview... so I have to keep telling the story (b/c that's who I am)... everyone agrees that it's bs and some tend to get a little agitated by it, which is nice they feel the same way, but I'm just sick of it... I want the whole situation to go away... which it won't b/c someone will be getting that position, and it's one that I'll interact with on a daily basis. I'm just mad and sad and disappointed and upset. It's just the politics around here sometimes become draining...

With all of that being said... I am really happy where I'm at... I come into work happy (except this week) and I leave happy... I'm happy to know I'm making a difference and that I'm really good at my job. I'm knowledgeable and liked. I love the people I work with and this place is so amazing. I'm incredibly happy and lucky to have a job here.

So anywho... chili and Survivor tonight, that's a happy thing.

No comments: