Monday, May 25, 2009

Topic #2

CUPCAKE BITES!!

I came across this recipe online on Bakerella's Blog... I thought they were too adorable and they didn't sound too hard. My step-sister Adriane's wedding shower was last weekend so I thought it might be a good time to try out this recipe. And I'm so glad I did... they went over extremely well. They are extremely cute and they actually taste really good too... like you don't know exactly what to expect biting into them. I would totally recommend making them!!

First off you bake a 9 x 13 cake... I made chocolate


Then you take that perfectly good cake and crumble it up


Then you mix in some some icing... I choose cream cheese icing

Here's what it looks like all mixed in... I thought this part was going to be hard... but it ended up being pretty not hard


Then you roll the mixture into balls... this part was messy... I wanted to take a picture of my messy messy hands... but I didn't want to touch my camera... and I was home alone


The next step is using a flower shaped cookie cutter to mold the balls into something that resembles a cupcake... I forgot to take a picture of that step

Then you dip the bottoms into almond bark


I used pink candy melts I got at Michaels for the tops


And the decorations (secret... I dipped the tops while Chad helped me decorate... go hubby!!) And yes, that's right I separated the red M&Ms out... I thought they were the only ones that looked right on top... I get anal about some things


Here's the finished product... I asked Chad to make sure the M on the M&Ms were all facing down, he did a wonderful job


While mine don't look as good as Bakerella's do... I think I did a pretty good job. I'll be making these again!!

No comments: