Saturday, May 30, 2009

I'm proud to say

Alright quick post... before our double date-ish thing tonight

One day... years ago I needed a book to read at work. I liked to read during my lunch break and I was really getting into fun reading things (after college I really took a break from reading) Well anywho, I was out of things to read and didn't have any ideas for what was next.

I was at CostCo with Chad and decided I would look at their book table b/c there at to be something. I ended up picking up this book:
I mostly picked it up b/c of it's cover... it was pink and had glitter (on the ring part) I figured it might be stupid but I would at least be entertained.

Well... I was partially right... I LOVED the book... I ended up recommending it to a lot of my friends and family and reading all of her other books. I'm actually excited to read things by her.

What makes me proud is usually I follow trends and read what I hear other people are reading. And this time I picked up a book I didn't know anything about and enjoyed it to no end. I also got other people hooked on her books as well. It's like with music, I usually jump on board but I happened to listen to Maroon 5 before everyone did... and that make me feel special.

Emily Giffin is the same way for me... while I know I'm not the first to pick up her book, I did introduce her to a lot of people and now I see that she is very popular... on display at Target... people talking about her... just makes me feel special... like I knew of something long before everyone else. Makes me smile :)

No comments: