Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Thoughts...

As you've heard me write about we are in the (very) long process of 'redefining' our house... decorating it to be more like us. We are starting with our living... we've already painted the room a yellow (Behr's Cheerful Hue) we are strongly thinking of dark brown furniture... now we just need to figure out our accent color... I'm thinking either a pool blue (but we already have browns and light blues in our comforter in the bedroom.) or a purple. The reason why I'm thinking purple is b/c I'm already thinking about doing the hallways in a light purple-ish gray... so having a splash of purple in the living room might help bring in the hallway... especially since you can see the hallway from the room... here's a picture... you can see the yellow already on the walls in the living room... I'm thinking purple for the hallway... so would it be smart to bring in an element of purple into the living room?


I'm thinking down the front hallway of painting stripes on the top part... like lighter and darker purple... here's a picture... what do you think? Or with the tile floor would that be too much?

If I did the stripes down the front hallway I would just paint the rest of the hallway the lighter of the two purples... down this hallway...
Yeah... it much tougher making decisions like this... I really just wanted to write them out... you can let me know if you'd like... in a week I'll probably have a whole new idea... I also have big white canvas that I plan on painting for the living room for a little art work. I could also add in some purple that way...

Okay... I'm probably not making any sense at this point... it made sense while I was writing it... okay... I'm done going to bed...

No comments: