Thursday, April 16, 2009

Chad's Surgery Update

I wrote this yesterday, so that's what the todays/tomorrows refer to... just so you aren't confused.

Today was Chad's surgery... it went very well!!! The surgeons were very happy with how things went. They were able to remove the entire tumor/cyst!! They actually found out the tumor was different than originally expected... it's a type they usually find this type in 2 year olds... it's possible he's had it for that long. Which is craziness. I was able to see him in recovery. He looks very good, I was prepared for his face to be really swollen, but he didn't swell much... It was kind of funny b/c the first thing he said to me was where is my [wedding] ring? (since they made him take it off) I told him it was on my finger all day long and then he told me he loved me... he's so sweet!! They are moving him to the ICU and should be there tomorrow. They think he'll have to be in the hospital for another3-5 days... But they are very happy with how he is doing and it's possible he could be moved to a regular room tomorrow.

No comments: