Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Week 25

How far along:  25 weeks; size of a rutabaga... b/c I could totally picture that?!?

How I'm feeling:  Still good

Sleep:  Is good for the most part I just have an internal battle just about every night on whether I should just get up and pee or pretend like I don't have to... Rolling over is a lot of work, not just b/c of the belly, but getting situated in my 'new' spot by getting the body pillow over.  I've also found that if I lay too long on one side that side of my body (shoulder, hip) gets sore and sometimes my arm falls asleep.  I end up on my back quite a bit but the addition of the extra pillow when I do helps keep me propped up.  I'm not sure I mentioned this, but a few weeks ago I was getting like really hot at night, so I added a fan to my side of the bed and that's helped out so much.

Worries/Fears:  Same as last week, that whole having to keep another person alive and well thing... but we'll cross that bridge soon enough

Miss anything: Sleeping on my stomach is a big one as is being able to bend over easily, but to a lesser extent having an adult beverage... especially this past weekend with Fourth of July... I did buy myself some fancy soda in glass bottles to attempt having something fun to drink.

Movement:  Movement is much more consistent - it's so fun feeling him move in there

Food cravings:  Nothing... although as I type this a coworker that left for a new job gave us cups with chocolate candies inside and it's taking all the restraint not to eat the entire cup.

Food aversions: Again, nothing

Other symptoms:  Oh let's see... I pee all the time, I thought I was peeing a lot before, but now I think the baby is camped out on my bladder b/c I feel the need to go all the time, but I don't pee a lot in any of those visits (TMI?). 

Maternity clothes, Stretch marks, Belly Button:  Maternity clothes of course... with the full panel pants, I'm feeling the need to pull the full panel up now to keep some pants up... although I don't love it on my belly.  Also, I noticed my linea nigra appeared.

What I'm looking forward to: The weekend?  I'm looking forward to my appointment on Friday - I'll take my glucose test (pray I pass the first time!) and I'll have another ultrasound.  My mom is coming to the appointment with me.  I'm also planning on registering and crib shopping!  Dan will be out of town Friday through Tuesday so I'm also looking forward to a bed to myself!

Best moment of this week:  I got some major to-dos checked off the ol' before the baby comes lists - sure there's plenty more, but still feels good.  I made a template for the alphabet wall in baby's room.  I finished the cross-stitch stocking I've been working on for myself, which means I can move to the framed cross-stitch I'm working on for the baby's room (so much more fun than the one I was working on). 


I signed us up for classes starting in August - we'll have four weeks of child birth classes, an infant care class and a breastfeeding class.  I emailed with my HR at work for maternity information and I contacted insurance about a breast pump (tried using their online thing, so this step might not be complete yet...) I also made a dental appointment.  I ordered paint for the baby's room.  I've had paint samples up for awhile and have been going back to the same color so it will be Classic Silver (a medium tone of gray). 


Finally, we cleared out the room in the basement which is the first in a series of dominoes to start getting the baby's room done.  That room was a disaster area (see below) beforehand.  We needed to clear out that room to put the bed in there (to make it like a guest room of sorts).  So now the room is cleared out mostly, I have to clean the carpet in a spot but then we'll move the bed down there.  Then we can move the animals out of the spare room upstairs (the dogs' kennels and bird cage are currently in there).  Then we'll paint and I'll steam clean the carpet (you know because the animals were in there) and it will be all ready to get decorating!
Diaster

Diaster


So I'd say I was somewhat productive in the last week!


In other news Fourth of July weekend was really nice.  On Friday morning I met Liz and we got our nails done.  So relaxing and fun to catch up.  That afternoon some new friends of Dan's came over and we chatted out on the deck.  That evening Caleb came over and we hung out.  We were able to mostly see the JB Blast fireworks from our driveway (just not the low ones) - so that worked out real well.


Saturday we had a lazy morning (I made breakfast including pancakes, but I'm terrible at making pancakes... terrible... I need to try again).  That afternoon we went over to some friend's house to hang out (Nick and Jenny).  They grilled a tri-tip and we had a really nice meal.  Sunday was a day around the house but included said room cleaning out... that took up a big portion of the day.  I'll be honest when I say I helped carry most everything out of the room, but a lot of it was watching Dan organize his stuff.  Somehow that room turned into his dumping ground (I hadn't quite realized how much either).  Awhile ago I had organized my stuff into the room into piles - wasn't pretty, but I had gone through what I wanted/didn't want and put stuff in different locations that 'went together'.  So I had it much easier than him which was all over the place.  I'm so happy it's done though!

The Bump:
25 week bump

No comments: