Monday, July 20, 2015

27 Weeks

How far along:  27 weeks; size of a head of cauliflower or a cucumber... also read that I'm entering the third trimester soon... yikes!


How I'm feeling:  I'd say good.

Sleep:  is good.  I'm back to my routine of getting into bed between 9-9:30 and watching something on my phone and then falling asleep shortly afterwards.  Rolling over continues to be a workout and I end up on my back a lot... propped up of course.  Oh also, I wanted to mention that I've been making an effort to fall asleep with my wrists straight instead of curled up, so far I haven't gotten any of the bad arm cramping I've gotten in the past, but not sure if it's related or not.

Worries/Fears:  I had a moment overnight that I started to stress about childcare again... but hopefully I've talked myself off that cliff... I did email a couple of people I saw on Craigslist - this will work out!

Miss anything: Just the normal movements I was able to do before being pregnant... bending over, twisting, etc.

Movement:  Oh yes... moving all over the place.  This weekend I could actually see my belly move at points.  One night too I felt a lot of movement and I could feel exactly where he was moving like it was real hard in a place and then a minute later it was softer again.  So far Dan refuses to feel the baby kick... silly boy and haven't been able to time it right for others to feel.  One other thing, I have felt jabs into my bladder at times, that's an interesting feeling.

Food cravings:  Nothing specific, but sweet things, ice cream, cookies, candy, etc... I've also been craving an iced coffee which is weird since I'm not a coffee drinker, but I bought a single serve one at the grocery store and made myself part of it (maybe with some chocolate and caramel syrup) and it was pretty good!

Food aversions: Nada

Other symptoms:  Holy cankles/fat feet friends.  The swelling in that region was crazy this last week.  I guess that's what happens when you're pregnant and it's 100 degrees with humidity outside.  I've also experienced getting real hot a few times this last week too... and at the beginning of the week the heartburn/indigestion was pretty awful... luckily that's calmed down.  I've also started taking a stool softener a few times a week... I'll just leave it as that.

Maternity clothes, Stretch marks, Belly Button:  Maternity clothes of course... of course the dress you'll see below it's maternity just a flowy dress.  I really dislike the full panel all the way up on my belly, but also helps keep my pants up.

What I'm looking forward to: Getting more done... we've gotten so much done that it feels good and I want to continue the productiveness.

Best moment of this week:  It was a good week.  Even though I worked 5 days, it went by fast.  There's a lot going on at work lately (for future self, our contractor left and we're getting a hiring freeze waiver).


On Thursday I left work a little early and went to a dentist appointment.  That went really really fast!  My teeth look good although my gums are a bit inflamed... not surprising though, that's a pregnancy thing and should hopefully go away after giving birth.  It's what causes my gums to bleed.  After the appointment I killed some time at Homegoods (I bought a new dog bed and some hand soap) and then met Susan for happy hour at Bar Louie in Kirkwood.  We spent a few hours there eating and drinking.  I had specialty drinks off their non-alcoholic menu - it's fun to drink something different.


Friday I worked, after work I came home, did some chores and then we ordered pizza and I cross-stitched and watched TV.


Saturday morning I got up early and met my Dad and Janet for a quick breakfast at Tim Horton's.  It was fun to try the new place, although you could really tell the place at just opened.. like we counted 14 staff members but no real organization... the food was good though!


Next we went over to Buy Buy Baby and picked out furniture.  It's so great they wanted to help out and got us a beautiful crib and double dresser.  I'm very thankful.  That afternoon Dan and I ran a few places.  That night I cross-stitched and Dan painted the nursery - it's coming together!

We got the crib and the double dresser (not the piece on top just the drawers) in the finish shown (vintage)

Beautiful picture I know, but it was like an orange-y color previously.  This is Classic Silver in Behr Premium Plus Ultra - one coat!


Sunday we met up with Dan's sister Amanda and her husband.  We went to a bar by their apartment and hung out.  It was a lot of fun to reconnect.  Then we came home and then it was practically time for bed... two day weekends are just too short!

The Bump:
It's obvious friends.

No comments: