Tuesday, July 14, 2015

26 weeks

How far along:  26 weeks; size of an eggplant or length of a green onion

Appointment:  I had my 25 week check up last Friday and my mom came to the appointment too.  I had my 1-hour glucose test.  I am supposed to hear if I failed today... and let's just hope I passed!  I also had a growth ultrasound to see how baby was growing.  Everything looked good!  Baby is measuring right where we want her to be.  The nurse practitioner did mention that she has long legs (hey we are both tall!).  My mom asked the ultrasound tech if more people find out the sex of the baby or keep it a surprise.  She said that we were in the minority of waiting.  She said that she doesn't get to tell that many people what they are having because the gender reveal stuff is so popular... but waiting until the end doesn't happen all the often either.  I think it's going to be so fun to wait until the baby is born to know if it's a boy or girl.  Some things are better with anticipation I believe.  I will say this is the longest I had to wait in the office.  I had the glucose test so I got there way early b/c I didn't want to miss my window for the blood draw.  And then I think they may had gone out of order on the ultrasound... not positive since they said they had to squeeze someone in, but really I think it may have happened... we were there for like 2 hours.
Baby (and for future reference that's how his hand by his nose - that's the umbilical cord)


How I'm feeling:  Good!

Sleep:  is still going well, I did have some trouble sleeping over the weekend but I think that had to do with Dan being out of town more than pregnancy... at least that's what I'm hoping.  Then last night I was so exhausted I went to bed before 7... I dozed on and off and was awake from like 9-10:30 or so and then had a weird night of sleep after that.  Hoping this past weekend was just a fluke and not the new normal.

Worries/Fears:  Really my biggest fear is falling into that whole being a parent thing... and labor... labor really freaks me out too... so I'm enjoying this easy being pregnant thing in the meantime.

Miss anything: While the stuff I've mentioned other weeks is still true, this week I'm going to say bending over... the ground is feeling further and further away.

Movement:  I've been feeling good movement, until yesterday (Sunday) when I didn't feel as much.  I've felt little things here and there, so I'm not worrying myself too much, but I wouldn't mind feeling a big strong kick anytime now.

Food cravings:  Nothing specific, I will say that I want sweet things over salty/savory food.

Food aversions: Again, nothing

Other symptoms:  Same that's been going on... peeing a lot, my shoulders/back can get sore/tired.  I will say this week I experience being really hot for no reason.  I usually wear a long sleeved shirt and cover up with a blanket in the basement b/c it's cool down there... But one day this week I was so hot.  I asked Dan if he was hot too, and he said no, so I guess that's another thing.  Really though I don't have a lot to complain about.

Maternity clothes, Stretch marks, Belly Button:  Maternity clothes of course... everything else the same.  I will say my belly button looks so small... but as I think about it, it's quite possible that I've also had a smallish belly button.

What I'm looking forward to: Getting through my first 5-day work week in over 5 weeks... spoiled? Yes!

Best moment of this week:  I finished all the to-dos on my list.  There were several things that I wanted to get done after I got back from vacation.  In my head they are a bit in phases.  I listed a bunch last week, but this week I officially order the breast pump from my insurance.  I also registered this weekend.  After my appointment Friday, mom and I had lunch at Sugarfire BBQ.  It was so good!  We each got pork plates but I had mac and cheese and fried green beans as a side and she had beans and cornbread.  We also shared a piece of Mississippi Mud Pie.


After lunch we headed to Buy Buy Baby and registered... and talk about overwhelming!  So many choices there was definitely a moment of where the heck do we begin with all this?  After listening to my mom say that we survived just fine without this or that she settled on that.  I'm glad I did some research ahead of time.  We spent about 3 hours in there!  After that we stopped in at Joann's (next door) and bought some additional supplies for the alphabet letters.  I wanted to make about 5 of the letters 'unconventional' so needed to figure out what those would be.  Needless to say I was exhausted by the end of the day.


Saturday I had a real low key day where I hardly did anything productive.  I got breakfast and then sat on the couch and watched stupid TV while cleaning up my registry and adding some things to another store.  I spent about four hours doing this and afterward I was so done thinking about baby stuff!  I also was on the phone with Buy Buy Baby customer service because I couldn't log into my account.  I took a short nap after that, made some dinner (and brownies) and then cross-stitched.
Quina was so well behaved while Dan was out of town... not...


Sunday I went over to my mom's house and we spent a good part of the day working on the alphabet letters for the nursery.  They are all done! I am so amazed with how good they turned out and so thankful my mom and Lindsey were able to help.  I think I'll hold off about the process we took and add that to a different post.  Afterwards we went to dinner and got FroYo.  I went home with the intention of cross-stitching but I was so spent and went to bed early.
So happy

turned out great

sparkle sparkle

The Bump:
Growin' Growin' Growin'

No comments: