Monday, June 8, 2015

21 Weeks

How far along:  21 weeks; the size of a banana or carrot (10.5 inches long, I look at that on a rule and wow it started to feel big)

How I'm feeling:  Still good, no real complaints

Sleep:  Is good, I love my sleep.  I'm still up to pee on a good night once, on a not as good night 2-3 times.  Also, Dan took over the new body pillow I bought and I've taken his worn one.  It's flat and limp, but it works perfectly for going under my belly and between my legs.  Might not be a forever solution, but it's certainly good right now.

Worries/Fears:  No big ones... I could let my mind travel down the 'what if the ultrasound doesn't look normal' path... but I really try not to let myself go there... no good will come of that.

Miss anything: Nope, I'm good

Movement:  Ok, this week I decided I definitely AM feeling the baby move.  I've probably been feeling it this entire time but you know me with indecisiveness... also I was at lunch at work on Friday and I was feel consistent tapping on the lower, middle part of my belly.  I put my fingers on the spot and felt the baby kick (or punch or something) down there.  I couldn't believe it.  I guess it could have been a muscle spasm... but really pretty sure it was the baby so that was really cool (that's actually what made me decide I was feeling the baby).  Dan hasn't felt it yet, but hopefully soon... it's just not very consistent at this point.

Food cravings:  Again nothing... although I did buy a package of Lindor Caramel Truffles b/c delicious.

Food aversions: Again, nothing

Other symptoms:  The heartburn hasn't been as bad this week - yay!  Bella peed in the house instead of pooping, so there's that still (keeping a better eye on her and they have to sleep in the kennels during the day and at night)  Another pregnancy symptom I experienced this week was my feet swelling.  I was wearing potentially tight shoes (They didn't feel tight, but I guess as they swelled they did)  I finally took them off hours later and realized just how bad it was.  Looking down my feet didn't seem that swollen, but from the sides I could tell they looked bigger.  I put them up and they seemed better by the next day.

Maternity clothes, Stretch marks, Belly Button:  Maternity clothes of course, other stuff no comments

What I'm looking forward to: Ultrasound Friday!  I'm excited to see something the resembles a baby instead of a blob... also VACATION!!  In regards to the ultrasound I'm still firmly in the not finding out camp and I think/hope Dan realizes that and respects that.  He really wants to know though so it's anyone's guess what will happen on Friday.  My plan is to make it very clear we don't want to know.  In my mind it's not even an option to know.

Best moment of this week:  That the 5-day work weeks are over for awhile? :)


Let's see what else went on this week... On Wednesday I picked my Dad and Janet up from the airport, so it was nice connecting with them for awhile.


Friday, Dan finished fixing the AC (lucky that he can do some of that himself) and I did chores.  Then we had dinner and I watched TV. 


Saturday I went to my cousin's high school graduation party.  When I got back Kyle was over and we hung out and Dan smoked ribs.  It was nice.


Sunday I went grocery shopping early and then napped and worked on my cross-stitch.  Very low key weekend.

The Bump:  This past weekend was the first time I got a comment from a stranger about being pregnant - so there's a milestone for you!



1 comment:

Christina said...

So are you staying team green or did you find out? 😀