Saturday, January 28, 2012

Fourth time

I am mentioned this before, and I wanted to get a little update on my situation.  You might remember this post from roughly a year ago.  It will give you the full background.

What I'm here to day is that it hasn't gone away yet!  Monday I went in for my fourth colposcopy and cervical biopsy.  You would think by this point I would be getting use to the procedure and not freak out like I do... but you would be wrong... very wrong.  I still get all faint and freak out.  This time in the middle of the procedure I was feeling really bad.  Like really sick like I was going to throw up or something... turns out I wasn't breathing... um that might help things!  And it totally did.  Before I knew it she was saying I was all done.  She took two samples and I only felt the first one.  So it really wasn't that bad - but still... I'm awful with these procedures.

So what's the result?  Well, my biopsy came back clear so I'll be back in the office in 6 months.  But this time she said it is up to be what I want to do.  I could elect to have the laser surgery if I wanted.  That should fix the problem.  But I don't know if I want to have a procedure I don't need.  What I've decided for now is that I'm just going to wait.  I'm going to compile a list of questions and try to get a reading on what I should do or what she thinks would be best.  B/c I really don't know and everyone I've asked doesn't seem to know either.

I know there could be come complications with the surgery - pre-term labor or miscarriages... but my doctor thinks that the risk might not be as great as they once thought... since those things also happen to people who don't have the procedure.  She said the studies are very mixed... so who knows.

All I know is that I'll be back in the office in six months and we'll go from there.

No comments: