Friday, January 6, 2012

New Years Eve

How is every one's New Year so far?  Mine has been pretty darn good...

But that's not what this post is about, it's about what happened on the last few hours of 2011.  This year I finally did a big New Year's Eve night out.  I have gone to parties in the past and really been mostly disappointed.  This includes when I've been single, dating, engaged, married, whatever... so it has nothing to do with my relationship status... to me New Years Eve is just always a big let down.  Actually someday I want to go back to what we did on NYE when I was younger - party food and board games with the family.  Someday maybe it will be like that again.

Anywho... I put out a lot of feelers for NYE... I didn't really want to plan anything myself, mostly b/c I have a hard time getting people to commit to me, so honestly I didn't want to frustration.  I just trusted that something would come up eventually and I would have plans, and if not, well, whatever, it's NYE.  Luckily my friend Liz came through, researched and picked what we would do.  Shoot, she even ordered the tickets for me (you're awesome!!)  So all I had to do was fork up the money, which I didn't mind doing.

We went to the Rock n Roll New Year's Eve Party at the Lemp Grand Hall.  For $65 it included a buffet (with fillet Minoan if you like that sort of thing), open bar with beer, wine and well drinks, party favors, a champagne toast, live band, and balloon drop (did I get everything??)  It was a lot of fun.  I think if you're going to go out on NYE, all inclusive is the way to go. 

Here we are - I wore my new gold dress, which I think is really pretty
We ate, danced, and drank.  It was really a good time.  I did probably drink too much, but whatever, I don't really do that all that often, so once or twice a year I can (that's what I'm telling myself anyway.)

There was a few moments before midnight that I was feeling pretty sad.  I feel like a lot of these holidays has that sad feeling every once in awhile.  But it slowly gets better.  I let myself be sad a bit, and then I just let myself be happy.  Enjoy being around my friends, enjoy the atmosphere I was in, and count down the last seconds of this somewhat awful year.  I know it sounds so cliche, but this year I just treated that moment as a fresh start.  It was 2012 and who know what that means.  That might be a little scary but it's also exciting.  Who knows what this year holds for me and I can't wait to find out.

At midnight they did a balloon drop which included prizes in the balloons!!! I won a two person admission to Lemp Mansion Comedy Mystery Theater.  Liz will be my date for that.

Overall, it was a great night... (sans the drinking too much... have you ever gone from zero to wasted quickly? It was like everything hit me at once.)

I have regained my belief in the fun of NYE.

How was your NYE?  What did you do?

No comments: