Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Home Improvements - End of Hallway

I have envisioned the end of the hallway for awhile now. It seems like I can work well decorating small areas, but when I want to do a whole room it starts to get overwhelming... anywho, when the mirror finally got hung up. I was ready to finish that area up.

What I was picturing in my head was this set up
From far:
And close up
And I do like the above pictures... it just wasn't practical in our house. We play fetch with Rowdy and throw his toy down this hallway... and as you can see we have hardwood which he tends to slide on when he's going to quickly... so this was just too much of a disaster waiting to happen. So we decided this set up.

From far (can you spot the kitty?)
And close up
This is much better, b/c everything will be more stable. Plus it leaves the bottom of the table open, which the cats love to sit on.

Contents of the table:

  • That vase I think I got from my mom (or maybe accidentally took from her??) I bought that fake plant from Hobby Lobby during a 50% off sale (cost me about $5 I think) I love that the orange in the plant and the orange in the vase pop on the purple walls. (Slightly off topic but Chad refuses to have fake flowers in the house... this was me testing the waters with a fake plant that was not flowers... and turns out he likes it - score!!)
  • That rock is from Africa. I friend of ours went to Africa on a mission trip last year and I told him to bring us a rock back... and he did. He also got us a very cool wedding present too)
  • The picture is of me and Chad dancing at a wedding.
  • And last but certainly not least is a box that my mom gave us at our engagement dinner. It's one of our favorite items. It says 'The Story of Us' on it... we have some random things inside it... it's a handmade box and to put it bluntly it's awesome
So what do you think?

No comments: