Friday, June 5, 2009

I can't contain myself any longer

I am excited... very excited... so excited that if I think about it for too long I get sad that the day is not here yet...

We have been keeping a secret... I'm not really sure why... but we have...

and no... we are NOT PREGNANT (hopefully you weren't thinking that anyway... you should know us better!!)

About a four to five weeks ago we bought new furniture... that's right... no more craptastic furniture in the living room!!

We bought an awesome sectional couch from American. We weren't planning on buying anything that day, but we walked in... and there it was... the couch Chad and I have been picturing in our minds... it was sitting there... speaking to us... it is perfect...

American was running a sale that for every $600 you spent on furniture you get another $300 of furniture free... So with our free money we got an entertainment center (no more two end tables pushed together!!) and a cool lamp and another lamp for the bedroom.

I cannot wait for it all to arrive!! I think/hope/pray it will only be a couple more weeks.

We will still need a new coffee table and possibly an end table... we would have used some of our extra money to buy that, however we don't know if there will be room for an end table. So we are going to wait until the furniture is in the room and then see what we want.

I'll need to get a new rug as well... but then we'll have the "adult" room like I want... so!freaking!happy!

1 comment:

Emily said...

haha I'd be super excited too! I loved getting to add some more 'grown up' furniture to our apartment when I took over. =-)