Sunday, June 14, 2009

Family Reunion

I am really behind on posting this, but since I was in Denver last week I really didn't get a chance to post this until now...

A couple of weekends ago was my dad's side's family reunion. I haven't been in years, but always had a good time when we went as a kid... I know nothing is ever the same as how you remember it, but it was still a really good weekend. It was fun to show Chad something from my childhood. The reunion is at Meramac Springs Park. It's a very pretty park... and Saturday was a beautiful day to be outside.

Here are some pictures...

Chad playing fetch with Rowdy

My brother Keith and meMy cousin's baby, Abby

A pretty view of the spring... the water is so pretty
Chad and I enjoying the water and the fish... R-diddy will not get that close to the water, he's so scared!!
At the park they have a trout hatchery... here are the baby trout, you can feed the fish and they really go at it to get the food
Here's a nature shot, there are some very pretty waterfalls
Since it's a spring the water is so freaking cold... but feels good on a hot dayChad and I at the scenic overlook... he wouldn't go close to the edge

We took the 'historic drive' which I've never done!! In all the times I've been to that park I've never done this... here's a really old cemetery, I got out and looked around (Chad wouldn't for some reason) and some of the stones were dated in the 1860s!! I really like this picture of Chad... we were over looking the old ore mine

This would be a really cute picture if that were actually me and Chad down there, but it's not... you do get a good idea of the size of things though

No comments: