Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Weekend in Review - #7

I've been looking forward to this weekend for awhile... not because I had anything planned (because I didn't) but because it was a 4-day weekend and I needed it!  Sometimes when you anticipate something you can get disappointed, but since I was only looking forward to being off for 4 days this weekend well exceeded my expectations and was a wonderful weekend.


Thursday I worked, but after work I headed to the zoo to go to the Employee Appreciation Zoo-B-Que as my sister's plus one.  They put on such a great party for their employees.  All the attractions were open and they had great food from Kenrick's, beer and wine, and other activities.  Plus the weather was perfect.  We even both rode the mechanical bull - and didn't last very long.  I have a beautiful bruise on my leg from it as well.
I like otters, so I'm riding an otter, even though I'm bigger than the silly otter




Friday I got to sleep in a bit and then got up.  Hung out with Simon and then he took a nap.  After his nap we headed down to Ste. Genevieve to go to the Crown Ridge Tiger Sanctuary.  They have 4 tigers and a lion.  The animal's back stories are super sad, but they have a happy home now.  We were the only ones on the tour which made it pretty conversational.  It was nice to learn about the tigers and get to see them up close... even if they were being pretty lazy.
See the tiger we bought Simon at the tiger place?


After our visit there we went to Crown Valley Brewery and Distillery and had some lunch.  The beer was tasty (I had a peach wheat and blackberry cider) but the food was just ok.  Then we headed back home.  The rest of the night was just casual.


On Saturday morning I got up with Simon and we headed over to meet my mom.  We went out to breakfast (Bread Company) and then I helped her move her love seat out to the curb.  Then I headed back home in time to get Simon down for his morning nap.  After his nap we all got ready and headed to the pool.  Susan and her kids were there and also Amy and Tanner and Amanda, Lou and Vail.  The pool was nice - a bit chilly, but it was fun being there all together.  We headed back home and Dan put Simon down for a nap while I went and grabbed lunch.  We ate lunch together and then I went back over to my mom's and we got a pedicure together.




I headed back home and we all headed over to Amanda and Lou's for dinner.  The kids are so cute together interacting.  Simon would get pretty upset when we'd let Vail play with his toys.  We had yummy food and had a great night.


Sunday was a more laid back day than jam packed Saturday.  The only thing we really did was go to the grocery store.  Dan smoked pork and made candied bacon.  We ate late, because that's Dan's M-O.  We watched some TV together.


Monday was also a more laid back day.  After Simon's morning nap we went to Amanda and Lou's parish picnic.  It was really hot, so we only stayed for about an hour, but it was nice to see everyone again and we shared some fried fish.
Goofball


This weekend we stayed busy and it was nice.  It was great to spend so much time with Simon, although he has a cold right now with a really runny nose.  Sleep has not been going well the past couple of nights... hopefully he gets better poor dude.  

No comments: