Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Weekend in Review - #5

Yay for three day weekends!


I got off work on Thursday and Dan picked up Simon from the sitters so I could stop by a couple of stores.  I was looking for multi-colored balloons for a craft project.  I stopped by Party City b/c I KNEW they'd have balloons, only to find that they cost $8 a bag... um, not paying that much, so I checked Dollar General, and they were out... oh well.  Dan went on a trip with his brother-in-law and left Thursday night (gone until late Saturday morning).  Simon and I played around until it was bedtime.  Then I made some dinner and sat with the cats.


Friday morning I got up with Simon and we played and ate breakfast.  Then he went down for his morning nap.  Around 11 Lindsey came over and Simon got up from his nap.  We got ready and finally headed to the pool.  We went to Chrondelet YMCA to their outdoor aquatic park.  It was really nice - the pool was nice, the weather was warm and it wasn't too crowded since all those pesky kids are back in school.  We stayed for a few hours.  Simon really did seem to enjoy the pool.  We took him on a floaty and let him splash around.  I'm glad he got to experience the water and I'm thinking in the spring we'll sign him up for swim lessons.
Simon was over pictures

couldn't even get him to look up - but wanted a pic in the floaty

Such a cutie

And in a hat!


After the pool we ordered some sushi and stopped by the Dollar Store quickly so I could see if they had balloons - which they did!  We picked up the sushi and headed back home.  I put Simon down for his afternoon nap and ate delicious delicious sushi.  Lindsey headed home and I waited for Simon to wake up.  We of course played and my mom came over after work.  We hung out with Simon, she put him to bed and then we watched some Olympics and I made a frozen pizza.  It was a nice relaxing night.


Saturday morning I got up with Simon and did the normal - play, eat breakfast, play some more. (play = chasing him around as he continuously goes after the same things he shouldn't haha).  I put him down for a nap and was going to take a nap myself, but Dan ended up coming home so I didn't.  Eventually Simon got up and he was happy to see Dan.  He ate lunch and I got ready to go out.


Susan and I went out to celebrate her birthday.  We did a painting class, had dinner at Circle 7 Ranch (by dinner I mean drinks and apps) and then saw Bad Moms.  It was a fun day! 
Stole it from Susan's IG

Finished painting (and a Simon leg)


Sunday we had no plans, Dan got up with Simon so I was able to sleep in for awhile.  We did the normal things - feed Simon, play, naps, etc.  That afternoon Dan grilled some brats and we had beans and slaw - so yummy (oh, Dan also cooked breakfast this morning, so he was rocking it).  Simon went to bed and I started working on the wreath craft project, but ran out of balloons.  Overall a really nice weekend!
Hanging out on the deck with the nice weather

No comments: