Monday, August 15, 2016

Weekend in Review - #4

Another weekend in the books!


I had a five day work week so I worked on Friday.  After work I picked up Simon from the sitters for the first time in forever.  We headed home and played for awhile and then fed Simon some dinner.  We decided to go out for dinner so we loaded up the car and went to Quincy Street Bistro.  I enjoyed what I got but Dan wasn't happy with his.  Either way it was nice going out to dinner.  We went back to the house and put Simon to bed and Dan and I hung out for awhile before we headed to bed.


Saturday morning I got up with Simon and we spent some time playing and hanging out.  Most of the day was fairly boring... I did take a nap when Simon took his morning nap as well though.  That afternoon I did a major Target run.  It was slightly exhausting, but by watching deals, using Cartwheel and my Red Card I was able to save almost $60.  I was pretty proud of my shopping trip!




That evening we had some friends over.  Dan made some steak and potato kabobs and pork sizzlers and I heated up some beans and make some shells and cheese (super fancy over here).  We hung out outside and the weather was pretty nice.  Simon stayed up way too late, but he's a social guy and likes to be around people.  Everyone else ended up going out and I stayed back to watch Simon.
Found it at the store so had to try


Sunday morning I got to sleep in which was excellent.  Simon slept in for Dan too which was nice for him.  When I got up we got ready and went over to my mom's house.  We drove around for awhile and ended up getting a quick breakfast before trying to see an exhibit at Laumeier... but I guess they were without power so it was closed.  We then walked around Joann's and figured out a banner for Simon's birthday and some other random projects.  We grabbed some lunch and went back to mom's house.  We ate lunch and Simon went down for a nap while we worked on the banner.  I woke up him and we played over there for awhile (Lindsey got to see him) and then headed back home.  I did dishes and straightened up.  I finished the night watching the Olympics and cross-stitching.

No comments: