Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Weekend in Review - #3

Last weekend was the ever exciting 3-day weekend.  Those are just so much better than measly 2 day weekends.


Thursday night I came home from work and played with Simon.  Dan ended up going to a concert so I had the house to myself which is always nice.  After Simon went to bed I did some cleaning, made myself dinner and watched TV.  I watched The Challenge finale, and wow, hardly seemed real.


Friday I got to sleep in a bit and then got up with Simon.  We ate some breakfast and played awhile.  Simon ended up going down for his nap.  When he got up from his nap Lindsey came over.  Originally our plan was to go to the pool, but it was so gray and off-and-on rainy that we ended up having lunch with my mom instead.  We went to Pieology and it was delicious.
He's always a happy camper when food is involved


Afterwards Lindsey and I took Simon to the splash pad/playground at a park near my house.  He LOVED it.  He wasn't too sure at first, but ended up having a lot of fun splashing in the fountain.  It was nice that there were no other kids there to contend with.  After the water we pushed him in the swing a bit and then headed home for his nap.  During his nap Lindsey and I got snow cones.
Lindsey and Simon checking out the water

Loved this fountain


Friday night Dan ended up going out with some friends so I again had the house to myself.  I ate leftover pizza and watched the Olympic opening ceremonies while cross stitching.  I went to bed fairly late.


Saturday morning I got up early with Simon and we ate some breakfast and played.  I put him down for his nap and got ready.  I had lunch plans with two of my high school friends - Beth and Amanda.  It was nice catching up with them.  Afterwards I came back home and hung out for awhile.  Then we got ready to go out that night.


We dropped Simon off with my dad and step-mom (they were really looking forward to babysitting!)  Dan, me and his cousin went to O'Fallon Brewery for some food and drinks.  Then we went over to the El Monstero concert at Riverport.  I was worried how hot it might be since it was August and the temperatures we've been having, but the weather was beyond beautiful.  They put on a great show!!  We left a bit early to beat the traffic though.  We picked up Simon and headed home.
Terrible picture, but I had one chance

The bring in a helicopter for The Wall

It's always a fun show to watch

Meanwhile Simon was playing with his grandparents


I got to sleep in on Sunday and when I got up we played a bit and then Simon took a nap.  Afterwards we had lunch and then all went up to Home Depot to get a few things.  Simon took an afternoon nap (and I may have too) and then when he got up we played, ate dinner and eventually he headed to bed.  We ordered pizza and I watched the Olympics while cross-stitching again.
Simon is obsessed with the dog's kennels... sigh

Happy boy!

Overall a pretty nice weekend.

No comments: